HOT hot hair - SS09

15:52


Looking for hair inspiration I uncovered a whole SS09 twisted 'up-do' hair trend that was secretly hiding within the SS09 shows. Scraped back,tightly twisted,shiny immaculate and highly groomed hair (sounds painful)is going to be hot hair news for summer.

I love the models hair at Todd Lynn, with their sleek rolled twists on top of their heads, snaking around to create a sort of twisted knotted pony tail trailing down their back. Which is a new way to do a pony tail, especially for a party and also the perfect way to disguise a fringe that you are trying to grow out.

I also love the large double bun effect at Philip Lim, which doesn't really seem like hair but is quite striking and weird looking. Some may say it looks like she has something growing out the side of her head, others may say it is hair art, I would have to agree with the latter. The hair at YSL was also inspiring with a modern take on the beehive, which looks so chic and minimal but no doubt would take hours to construct.

Hair was also amazing at Valentino's SS09 Couture show. An elegant slick of the model's hair creates a very twisted and taut knot on top of the head. A little extreme for an everyday look but i love the way it look glamorous and alien at the same time.

I will definitely be trying out a few of these looks this summer when it gets too hot and my long hair starts to stick to my neck and risks getting the chop. As I quite enjoy having long hair until it gets to summer and it all gets a bit too hot and heavy and i suddenly decide i want really really short hair and have it cut off.

So thanks to the hair team at Todd Lynn and co. my lovely long hair will be spared the scissors this summer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments