Nude Make-up - Urban Decay Naked 3 and OCC Lip Tar

16:20

nude make

Nude make-up is always a beauty favourite. It looks effortless, timeless and suits all complexions as it is in essence a way to emphasise your own natural beauty. For me when it comes to make-up, less is definitely more, and that isn't to say that I don't use minimal products, its more about creating a minimal look. There is no dramatic eye needed here. I've had my day with over the top eye-shadow and I'm even pulling back on my black eye-liner obsession (I'm not wearing any eye-liner in these pics! rare for me!) .looking down
Two products that I have helped me create this nude make up look are the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Matte Lip Tar, both of which were much desired Christmas presents from the hubbie. Thanks Sweetie xurban decay
I absolutely love the Naked 3 palette, which is all about rich rose golds and blush pinks. It includes a mixture of matte and shimmer shades to choose from so you can easily build up a deep and rich looking natural eye. I must admit I was dubious about the shimmer/glitter shades but when applied in small quantities to the middle of the eyelid they really add a pop of light and complement the matte colours.

urban decay3My favourites so far are the matte shades in Limit, which is a beautiful dusty pink and Nooner which is a dark blush colour, I love putting Nooner in the socket of my eye to shade and add dimension. I like to then add dabs the glitter shades in Burnout or Buzz to the centre of my lid to add a flash of light.lip tar

The lip colour I have used is from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, who are a 100% vegan and cruelty free company, and of which I knew little of until I opened my presents on Christmas day, the husband had been doing his homework and knowing my crusade to only use products that are cruelty free had found this beauty brand from the U.S.

The Lip Tar comes with a little applicator brush which is crucial in applying the product. The product starts off as a gloss which later dries to a long lasting matte colour. A lot of reviews I read about this product say that it can be tricky to apply the product so that it sets evenly, but I haven't experienced this problem but I did notice that the Lip Tar is very thick and if you don't spread it out evenly in the corners of your mouth it can clump a little.

liptar2

I was given the shade Hush which is a beautiful nude shade and after it sets it looks like a natural lip colour. Like your own lips but better!

nude make up

I love that OCC is 100% vegan and has so many other exciting products, you can also purchase OCC in Selfridge's both in store and online.

Have you have tried any of these products or like this make-up look? If so please leave me a comment below, I'd love to know what you think. x

You Might Also Like

0 comments