Louise Goldin SS09

15:01



My second major show today, Louise Goldin, ended fashion Tuesday wonderfully. Unfortunately I was not privileged enough to see Christopher Kane today but at least I have Goldin to send me happily to sleep tonight.

Luring in a big fashion crowd (The Elle fashion team was out in force) Goldin did not disappoint with an amazing show of futuristic sculptured design and glitz. Highly structured white dresses opened the show, displaying Goldin's knack for creativity and tailoring. Over the top and outrageous seemed to rule the collection with transparent organza dresses and pastel knits nestled under elaborate white structures.

A skin tight swarovski encrusted bodysuit caught my eye, even if I may never have anywhere to where it, I think I would be quite happy spending Sundays strutting around my living room in it or maybe to the corner shop. As did the fusion of silk and knit into the dresses. Goldin's SS09 was completely unwearable but completely wonderful. Her take on femininity mixed graphic prints with bone like structures to create a highly interesting and creative show that will secure Goldins name in fashion for years to come.

The atmosphere at the show was suitably excited although that may have been the champagne I was sipping even though I preferred the blood orange juice and lemonade. Also quite suitable Bangers and Mash was served up - fabulously British and fitting. And the venue was so packed there were people crowding the isles - much to annoyance of a certain fashion editor who forced them all to sit on the steps.

Sigh there's a never a dull Tuesday in fashion world.

You Might Also Like

0 comments