Topshop Spring Basics

04:38

topshop tee

When it comes to my staple wardrobes items jeans and a t-shirt make the top of  the list, closely followed by a clean simple jumper. I'm not a girly girl so I practically live in jeans and a t-shirt or when its still cool weather, like it is now -  a nice fine knit jumper.

I'm a little obsessed with finding the 'perfect' white t-shirt. In my eyes there are a few boxes it has to tick. The material has to be either a soft cotton or a fine jersey so the material drapes and hangs nicely and the sleeves have to be the right length and create the right overall shape. The neck line should be flattering - I am still looking for the perfect round neck that isn't too high or too low - but this Topshop tee (above) is a pretty good v-neck - low enough to be flattering but not revealing. I am pretty pleased with this white v-neck and you can be surprised how good a decent white t-shirt can look.

When it comes to jeans I prefer to buy from Topshop rather than any other high street retailer. For my height (I'm 5'9) they fit me perfectly and have a range of leg lengths, although I prefer my jeans to neatly end at my ankles so I choose a 32 inch leg and a 28 inch waist.

These are the Leigh style jeans which are a soft skinny leg jeans. The leopard loafers are also Topshop but from a little while ago.

topshop jeans

 

And finally I really love this Topshop grey jumper. It's a slouchy knit that drapes perfectly and has been my go to item for the cooler spring days.

topshop jum 2

topshop jumper

Unfortunately it looks like the weather is about to get colder again in London so it looks like I've just bought this just in the knit of time.

You Might Also Like

2 comments